How to repair scratch marks from walls caused while moving
Walls are the most important part in your room which affects the looks. A clean and well painted wall makes the room bright, comfortable to leave and delightful too. A picture, wall clock or any wall decoration only looks gorgeous in your room if the walls are scratch less and clean. But sometimes in spite of your good intention to maintain the walls properly you can not avoid few unwanted scratch and scars on your walls. You need to take immediate action to clean them before it becomes old and difficult to repair.
In the process to repairing the scratch marks first you need to identify the level of damage by feeling the scar by touching it with your hand. If the damage is repairable you must try to remove it at your earliest.
Before you start the process of removing a scratch you will need to collect:
- Fine sand paper
- Paint to match the existing color
- Paint brush
- Soft cloth
To start the process of removing the scratches you need to follow the steps below:
- You need to smooth the area before you repaint it if the furniture has left grooves in the paint.
- You should use a small square of fine sandpaper to gently smooth over the scratched area.
- Next sand the existing paint away until the scratch is removed and the area is smooth.
- Do not forget to wipe the are with a soft cloth to remove any dust from the sanding.
- Apply a fresh coat of paint to replace the removed paint in the affected area.
- Wait a while and allow it to dry completely before replacing the furniture in that area.
While you take care of removing the scratch marks caused by any furniture from your wall, you also need to consider some other necessary points and take precautions beforehand.
- Before you start painting, to protect the floor under the affected area with a plastic tarp or old news paper.
- Apply any all purpose cleaner if you find the scuff marks are stubborn. After that use the magic eraser to scrub them away.
- Better paint the area if the scuff marks are not removable
- It is wiser to paint the entire section of the wall for larger scuff areas. You can also project it as a a style and part of interior decoration if you make it a different texture.
Posted By : Removal Melbourne